In Fall 2023, I’m Your Neighbor Books will introduce the Welcoming Library: Cart Collection. Innovated to move a collection and conversation within a school, library, or other building, this beautiful wooden cart holds 30 acclaimed Immigrant and New Generation picture books with our embedded Discussion Questions and 30 novels and graphic novels.
Your Welcoming Library: Cart Collection will include:
- Wooden Book Cart designed specifically for IYNB to hold both picture books and novels. It can be rolled between classrooms or displayed within a library or community space. One side of the cart invites readers to, “Read to Welcome” and the other side invites them to, “Read to Belong.” To celebrate multilingualism, each end of the cart shares the phrase, “I’m Your Neighbor” in 10 languages.
- 30 Core Picture Books with our acclaimed Discussion Questions affixed to the endpapers.
- 30 Grade-Level Novels and Graphic Novels that open deeper conversations about immigration, welcoming, and belonging. All 60 titles will be hand-selected to reflect your demographics, stickered, and covered with mylar.
- Inventory Sheet to allow you to see what books you might already own in this New Arrival and New Generation genre of books. And, to allow you to unite these books from your own collection for the cart or a special shelf, we will send 100 sets of multilingual stickers and custom bookplates.
- Bi-Annual Updates will be sent as a spreadsheet on 11/1 and 5/1 each year with all new titles listed and recommended books highlighted.
- Borrow a Welcoming Library: Traveling Collection for a month to experience our core picture books and discussion questions
- Download the information sheet
- Contact I’m Your Neighbor Books
Pricing & Funding
Grant language is available upon request.