The Lifelines: Books That Bridge the Divide Podcast featured the Welcoming Library and highlighted immigration children’s literature in Episode 7.
- That there is diversity all around us, and we all benefit when we open our minds to see it.
- That everyone has the right to feel seen and heard.
- That the voices of minority groups – racial, religious and socioeconomical must be amplified at all costs
- That we need all voices at the table.
- That books with diverse characters and settings can teach readers a lot of about the world as well as about themselves.
- That fiction has the power to change the universe.